Saturday 7 November 2009

the globe trotting days


...The Wild Coast, South Africa

This time four years ago, I was a month into a round the world trip with two very good friends. How things have changed! I was away for nearly a year and in that time I did so many things, saw so many incredible places, met so many people it takes my breath away to think of it now. The freedom, the recklessness, the adventure, the comradeship, the moments of elation and those of fear. It was quite simply a mind blowing experience. I was just reliving the memories and playing around with some of the images captured from my travels so thought I'd share a few.

Though life now feels a lot more suburban, I'd like to think my days of globe trotting are far from over. There's still so many places I want to see, though any future travels will no doubt be with the husband and child in tow! One things for sure, as long as my feet will carry me, I will strive to wander. Which neatly leads me to round off this post with one of my all time favourite quotes from literature...

"Not all who wander are lost..."
-JRR Tolkein


...Times Square, New York...


...Light effect in the sky on the road from Cairns, Australia...


...Ship wreck on Fraser Island, Australia...


...Robben Island (the prison where Nelson Mandela was held captive), South Africa...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails