Sunday 26 April 2009

venice



I thought I'd share some pictures we took on a trip to Venice last year. I've travelled to some exotic places but I can honestly say that Venice is definitely one of the most beautiful, magical places I've ever set foot in. It will always hold special memories for me now as this was where completely unexpectedly (well for me anyway!), Curt proposed. I may have been 5 months pregnant at the time, and we both knew that we'd be getting married somewhere along the line but in my head this was to be at some point in the distant mists of time post arrival of baby, so this was an amazing and wonderful surprise. He'd organised the whole trip for the very purpose of it, and I can't think of a more romantic, perfect setting for it. Top marks to him! Obviously I said yes :)

The picture above is my very favourite (we got a little carried away with all the picturesque beauty of the old buildings, narrow streets and winding canals and took over 300 photos in 3 days!) We were lucky enough to have warm sunshine and clear skies even though we went in February, and some of the best hours were those we spent just wandering along the canals with no particular destination. Stopping every now and then for one of these...



We did the prerequiste gondola ride, which though it stung our wallets in a big way, was a fun way to see the city.



These are a few of my other favourite pictures (but oh it was hard to chose!)









This was the proposal spot (below) It was at about 10pm on the way back to our hotel after a delicious meal in a quirky little restaurant where we sat outside alongside the Grand Canal and an Italian man played the piano. Oh and if anyone was wondering, no he didn't get down on one knee! (Which I'm glad about as I think it might have been too much for me if he did!)

2 comments:

eyeshoot said...

Venice is so lovely, I went years ago with my mum and I've been fancying a return trip. What a nice place for a proposal!

Little Lovables said...

what a magical trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails