Friday 4 March 2011

pregnancy essentials


I can't believe that baby will be arriving in just 12 weeks! It certainly goes so much quicker the second time around. When I was pregnant with Lila I had it all pretty much sorted by this point- nursery, clothing, accessories, pram- the whole shebang. The only thing I've bought so far this time is a little pair of pink booties. It makes it a lot easier that we do already have almost everything we need but I do plan to buy a few select bits and pieces for our new little arrival when we arrive back in the UK so she won't be resigned to a life of only hand-me-downs from day one.

For anyone else also expecting a little bundle of joy or planning to at some point in the future, I thought I'd share some of the things that have been helping me through the pregnancy so far.

pregnancy survival essentials


1. Champneys Pillow Mist Spray- I find that from around 25 weeks into the pregnancy onwards, getting a good nights sleep gets much harder. Partly due to trying to get comfortable and partly due to my mind running on overdrive about all sorts of things. This magic spray contains a blend of mandarin, chamomile and lavender and smells divine. It really seems to help me switch off and after a quick spritz I can drop off in about 2 seconds flat into a really good, deep sleep.

2. Dark Chocolate- Green & Blacks is the best. This is a serious craving for me, I am literally eating truckloads of it every evening at the moment. If I run out, I am not a nice person to be around.

3. Clarins Huile Tonic Treatment Oil- Hands down the best way to prevent stretch marks. A little goes a long way and it smells amazing too.

4. Mothercare Maternity Pillow- This really helps when it comes to finding a comfortable position to sleep in and cuts down the endless tossing and turning when you lie in bed every night. Yes, my husband complains that it takes up way too much space in the bed but does agree it's preferable to being kneed in the back on numerous occasions.

5. Maternity Bra from Elle McPherson Intimates- Most maternity underwear is not what you'd really class as attractive but I was pleasantly surprised by this pretty bra which I snapped up on first sight. The rest of her maternity range is definitely worth a look if you want something a little more pleasing to the eye than the usual offerings.

As I did with pregnancy number one, I've also been taking a pregnancy yoga class every week which is really worthwhile. It's a great way to stretch out the aches and pains and also focus on some breathing techniques and relaxation which help to soothe the mind and body. The premise is that you can use the breathing techniques to help relax during labour. Nice idea in theory but personally, the reality of giving birth was far too intense to give much thought to such things and more about screaming for the strongest drugs available...though maybe that's just me!!

Top image found
here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails