Monday 6 June 2011

rose






This beautiful little girl arrived into the world on Monday morning at 7.20am, weighing 7lb 11oz. Her name is Rose Everly and we are totally besotted with her. She is like a perfect minature doll with such a sweet face and temperament. Any worries I may have had about the possibility of loving a second child in quite the same way as the first vanished the moment I laid eyes on her and held her in my arms.

She was three days late but thoughtfully arrived in good time for her Auntie's wedding which took place yesterday. After undergoing a ridiculously long labour ending up in an emergency c-section with Lila, I was really hoping for a natural (not to mention muh shorter and less traumatic) delivery and am happy to report that it was a vast improvement this time around, lasting only 7 hours. She did get a bit stuck at the end and had to be pulled out with a suction cup, but she dealt with it all very bravely and only had the hint of a cone shaped head for a day or so. I definitely wanted to avoid an epidural this time around and was really proud of myself for not caving in and begging to be given one as soon as I got into hospital!

She has such long fingers which maybe means she has a promising career as a concert pianist ahead of her but while it's fun to imagine all the things she might do and what her future holds, I am taking care to soak up and savour every second of this time when she is a tiny newborn as I know before I can even blink she will be three years old and careering around on a little scooter, singing her heart out into a toy microphone and tearing up the dancefloor at wedding parties.

2 comments:

Mami Made It said...

Congratulations! She is a beauty and adorable. Wish her a fabulous and happy life!

Bumpkin Hill said...

She is so precious, congratulations and her name is just perfect. Catherine x

Related Posts with Thumbnails