Thursday 3 May 2012

rustic chic

The kind of interiors I'm drawn to are usually more eclectic, bright and edgy than this country style look but I can't stop staring at this image. I guess growing up in rambling old farmhouses has had more of an influence on me than I realised.

The elements here all work so well together; the light, airy walls and the simple curtains, the natural, rugged feel of the wooden chest and the rattan foot stool, the combination of all the textures, the antique chair against the modern, clean backdrop, the pop of blue from the lamp, the subtle softness and femininity leant to the scene by the vase of casually arranged pink peonies.

I could just step right into the picture and soak it all up. Pretty near perfection in my book.

Image from Country Style Australia magazine, via Dustjacket Attic.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails