Thursday 10 May 2012

wishlist # 5


        


                

French Children Don't Throw Food by Pamela Drukerman

I've been meaning to order this book for a while and just got around to doing so. Not a parenting manual but a memoir written by an American lady who moved to Paris and observed that French norm is for parents to seemingly effortlessly raise incredibly well-behaved children whilst still maintaining a life of their own. Offering an insight into some of their parenting techniques and attitudes, it has garnered a lot of attention in the media (from what I can gather, mainly from Americans who object) and started off numerous discussions. I'm interested to read it myself and see if it is all just common sense or if there are some secrets to be learnt!

Personalised Double Silver Key Necklace by Sarah Lawrence Jewellery

I've been looking out for a gorgeous piece of non-tacky personlised jewellery for ages which I can get Lila and Rose's names engraved onto and which is suitable to wear every day. This fulfills the brief exactly and after some not very subtle hint dropping I was secretly hoping I might receive it for Mothers Day this year. Alas not but maybe next year.


Vitamin and Watermelon Lip Balm by Grown Organic Alchemist 

This smells divine- though it contains watermelon I think the fragrance is more like orange blossom and vanilla- and has tiny exfoliating beads in it. It leaves lips super soft and moisturised (no I don't already own it, I just obsessively test it out every time I find myself in the pharmacy).


Chambray Denim Shirt from Next

I've also been on the hunt for a chambray shirt this month, unfortunately Curt beat me to it and bought one for himself last week. I also recently got one for Lila as it was just so flipping cute in mini size. So if I do buy this one we will have to strategically plan our wearing of them or risk family outings in matching shirts.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails