Thursday 12 March 2009

wedding bells: i heart moodboards

I absolutely love moodboards. I made my very first one when I was about 13 and I haven't looked back since. I create moodboards every chance I get. If there was a job out there that consisted of making moodboards, and I had said job, it would pretty much make me the happiest person in the world. So when I got engaged last February, the very first thing I did was...yep, you guessed it.. I made a moodboard. This is it...



The themes/buzz words I had in mind were: romantic, rural/countryside, vintage and pretty. As we're getting married during late summer in the grounds of my parents farm, these fit the setting well. The colour scheme is dusky pink, apple green, duck egg blue, and cream. I like this moodboard a lot, but as I've progressed a bit more with the planning, I decided to do another one to complement it (any excuse!) This one has a more muted colour palette and emphasises the vintage element.

I'm sure I'll end up creating another one before the big day arrives, and the final look of the wedding will probably be an amalgamation of ideas from each of them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails