Thursday 8 April 2010

upwards and onwards


I have probably spent a lot of hours looking up at the sky. One of my very favourite things to do on a warm summer evening is to lie in a meadow of long grass and stare up at the sky. Watching the clouds gently drift past and watching the light as it falls through the leaves of the trees above.

It's a small, simple thing but it always makes me feel happy. Shame there aren't too many meadows in London but I am looking forward to spending several days at my parents farm next week for some time to re-group, be thankful for all the good things in my life, get my head in order and generally do very little.

Here are some beautiful sky pictures in the meantime...






All images found via we heart it.

P.S. Thank you so much to those of you that stopped by to leave a comment on my last post. Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

And to end on a high note... sometimes when a sad thing happens, it's hard to remember how to smile again but a dose of hugely happy news came just when I needed it. On Monday my sister phoned me from Australia to tell me that she is getting married! Huge congratulations Jo and Blair!

3 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

Dear Faye, there really is something so magical about skies with the white clouds passing. Wishing you warm, blue skied, days at your parents home next week to soothe and comfort. Lots of Hugs, Catherine xx

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Beautiful pictures! The sky is truly an amazing thing. And you have a lovely blog :)

playswithclay said...

I love the sky photos -- when I'm stressed, I go outside and stare up for awhile. Relaxes me as if I'm meditating--I guess it makes me realize how small my troubles are with all things considered.

Related Posts with Thumbnails