Thursday 20 October 2011

back to the 40's





The 1940's are having a fashion moment this upcoming Autumn/Winter season and I couldn't be happier about it. I've long admired the look of this era- all printed tea dresses, leather gloves, perfectly waved hair and red lips. I've even been known to embrace entire films solely because of their fabulous forties costumes, yes The Edge of Love, I'm talking about you. I'm throughly enjoying soaking up all the chic eye candy coming to the fore in magazine editorials such as these (which I found over atDust Jacket Attic). If they feature grand country houses then even better.

The Glitter Guide has also put together a darling 1940's style shopping roundup which can be seen here- the red dress has stolen my heart in a rather large way I must admit. I think I may have to make a place for it in my wardrobe.




Image credits: Top set of images photographed by Andreas Ohlund for Elle Sweden.
Images above photographed by Tom Craig for Vogue Russia.

1 comment:

Charis said...

Everyone looks beautiful once dressed in 40s gear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails