Saturday 1 October 2011

home of my dreams



I often post interiors inspiration here and I'm always on the lookout for decorating ideas and styling elements to incorporate into our current home (and our future home which we will one day hopefully own. Can you tell I'm pretty much over renting at this stage). I often see elements which I love in other houses but when I came across these pictures- from the May/June editon of Marie Claire Maison- I realised...this is it.

This is one hundred percent exactly what I want my home to look like. Everything, from the distressed walls to the floor to ceiling shelves of books, the pops of colour, the mis-matched fabric prints, is in my eyes perfection. Now we just need our own place so I can start to make it a reality! Interesting to see if by the time it actually happens, I will still feel the same way or if I am more fickle and trend led than I think. The major hurdle- well apart from the blindingly obvious one of actually buying a property- will be persuading Mr Minimal (aka my husband) with his love of white, clinical, ridiculously clutter free spaces. Which by now he must seriously have realised is never going to happen in a house with myself living in it, never mind two other small, messy little beings.





Images found via The English Muse.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Lovely rooms! I especially love the first one - the branches and that amazing little armoire.

Are you on Pinterest??? I love looking at all the interior decor collections there. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Victoria, yes I love pintereset. I also find it a great place for interiors inspiration. Here's my boards if you want to take a look.

http://pinterest.com/fayelarsen/

Share the link to your boards so I can check them out! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails