Tuesday 1 December 2009

just a minute in...november



Just realised I am a running little late with this. Please excuse the fact it is now actually December! The cute vintage style pictures above and below are by the photographer Cassia Beck. Check out her etsy shop, she has some really sweet prints.

Reading...I've just started the novel 'The Lighted Rooms' by Richard Mason. I bought it a while ago and it's been sitting on my bedside table sadly neglected, waiting for me to pick it up evening when I'm not so tired that I can actually keep my eyes open long enough to read a few pages. I'm only a chapter in but it's caught my attention and I like where it's going so far.

Listening...I've actually been listening to a lot of Jack Johnson which I hadn't done for ages, (not really since he seemed to enter the conciousness of the general public a a couple of years ago and was played absoloutely everywhere which killed it a bit for me). However Lila is responsible for this renaissance as she absolutely loves all his albums. She might well be his biggest fan-as soon as she hears one of his songs she starts dancing and just carries on and on and on until the music stops. Brilliant.

Watching...I finally got around to watching 'The Edge of Love' with Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller. It had been on my list for ages and I picked up a copy of it on dvd. I was mainly in it for the amazing 1940's cotumes, hair and makeup (which did not disappoint!) but I also enjoyed the story. Definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet.

Buying...Hmm, mainly baking ingredients actually. I went on a bit of a mission this weekend and whipped up a batch of peanut butter cupcakes and a tiramisu for a dinner party that my friend Natalie was hosting.

Loving...Making christmas decorations. I have been getting into the christmassy vibe by embarking on about a million crafty christmas projects. I am currently half way through creating a pom pom wreath in red and white, snowflakes out of white pipecleaners and a merry christmas banner. Will I finish any of them in time?! Hmm, that remains to be seen. I am notoriously bad at trying to do too much at once and not seeing any thing through to the end.

Wanting....Some new makeup. All my makeup seems to have just run out at once (does that happen to anyone else?) which is typical now that the party season is upon us! I find myself needing a new mascara, concealer and blusher and now payday has arrived I am off to replenish my makeup bag :)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails