Tuesday 8 December 2009

fringe benefits



I bit the bullet today and I finally got my hair cut into a blunt fringe! I've wanted to get one for ages but didn't think I should do anything too drastic before the wedding. Seeing as I have had long, straight (fairly boring) hair forever, it felt like quite a big step. Especially since I haven't had a fringe since I was about 6 years old. Well, if you don't count the time a couple of years ago when I walked into a lamp post on my way home from work and my friend Natalie cut me an impromptu fringe of sorts to conceal the massive egg on my forehead...

Anyway, I am pleased with the result, though it does feel a bit weird being able to see the tips of it resting on my eyebrows! It is tending to part a bit in the middle but the hairdresser said this is normal, and I need to 'train' it. Hmm, fringe training, not too sure what this involves but sounds like it could be hard work. Lila also got her first ever hair cut, and sat in the hairdressing chair beside me. She doesn't have all that much hair but she just needed a little trim to get the one longer section out of her eyes. The funniest thing of all was that it took absolutely ages for her to recognise me with the fringe!

I may post a photo of it tomorrow- though maybe not if I wake up and it looks all wonky. The pic of Zooey Deschanel above is the one I took with me as a reference, not actually me, in case anyone was wondering. I should be so lucky :)

2 comments:

Coco said...

Cute picture of Zooey!

I know how you felt with the dilemma! I'm kinda in a similar fringe situation/dilemma... Well I always had them and last year decide to grow them out. Sometime I wish to wear them again, but I feel afraid that it would bother me!

Looking forward to see your new bang! I'm sure you look super cute with it!

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

Charis said...

I've had a fringe on off for years & whenever I grow it out I cut it back in... I've finally decided that I look best with it. Having a fringe rocks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails