Monday 2 November 2009

week.end


Hope you all enjoyed the Halloween weekend. On Friday evening Curt and I were lucky to enough to attend one of the most incredible parties I've ever been to, hosted by my dear friend Natalie. She and her fellow housemates had entirely transformed their home in honour of their 'Vampires of Burntwood Manor' gathering. I opted to be a vintage vampire and the lovely hostess was a delectable vampire nurse. Every surface was filled with ghoulish artifacts, no wall or ceiling was left unadorned and the outside seating area featured no less than a selvaged fireplace filled with hordes of candles. Totally amazing. Would love to share more images but the fog machine they hired (impressive) meant most of my pictures came out fairly hazy.

The rest of the weekend was dominated by relaxing, hanging out with friends, and a little cooking... and then of course eating. One of the highlights of the weekend's culinary adventures was a perfect Saturday breakfast of sourdough toast with caramelised onions, mushrooms and feta. I also managed to fit in a little shopping thanks to the arrival of pay day. One of my top finds with was a darling enamel butterfly necklace which I spied in a dusty jewellery cabinet whilst walking past the window of one of our local charity shops. I'm really quite fond of it and only had to part with the grand sum of two hundred pennies to call it my own.





1 comment:

elsie said...

note to self - must upgrade friends to include people who host fabulous Halloween parties! sounds like a lovely time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails